paul van der walt via Nettime-tmp on Sat, 22 Jul 2023 05:24:58 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Lurking but avid reader

Hey Keith,

Since you ask explicitly:

On 2023-07-21 at 22:54 -04, quoth Keith Sanborn via Nettime-tmp <nettime-tmp@mail.ljudmila.org>:
Does that make me a candidate for excommunication? This is not meant as rhetorical.

Lisa is right in saying (and i quote) "a decision had been made not to prune lurkers off the list". I'll point at my previous message: https://nettime.org/Lists-Archives/nettime-l-2307/msg00023.html

The gist of it is that there is no intention whatsoever of removing anybody that is currently a subscriber.

My subject line of that email, "Pruning and gardening", was intended to address head-on the idea that any pruning would be happening (in retrospect, perhaps folks latched onto the word pruning, assuming it was in the affirmative). In the body, i explicitly say:

We [...] have no intention of dropping folks off the list.

My apologies if previous communications sowed any doubt or fear. I hope this clarifies things.

We're working in the background on moving from our temporary home to our next home, at servus.at. Communication will be made when that's complete. Stay tuned :).

All the best, and thanks for everyone's patience.

Kind regards,
p.
#  more info: https://mail.ljudmila.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nettime-tmp