Jon Lebkowsky via Nettime-tmp on Sun, 30 Jul 2023 17:23:18 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> destroyer of worlds

"In Hinduism, which has a non-linear concept of time, the great god is involved in not only the creation, but also the dissolution. In verse 32, Krishna says the famous line. In it 'death' literally translates as 'world-destroying time,' says Thompson, adding that Oppenheimer’s Sanskrit teacher chose to translate 'world-destroying time' as 'death,' a common interpretation. Its meaning is simple: Irrespective of what Arjuna does, everything is in the hands of the divine."

https://www.wired.com/story/manhattan-project-robert-oppenheimer/

I figure time and death are both manifestations of impermanence.