|
Louis Rawlins via nettime-l on Sun, 27 Sep 2026 21:32:26 +0200 (CEST)
|
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
|
<nettime> few notes on software and LLMs
|
- To: "<nettime> is a moderated mailing list for net criticism, collaborative text filtering and cultural politics of the nets" <nettime-l@lists.nettime.org>
- Subject: <nettime> few notes on software and LLMs
- From: Louis Rawlins via nettime-l <nettime-l@lists.nettime.org>
- Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2026 12:31:24 -0700
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20260327; h=to:subject:message-id:date:from:in-reply-to:references:mime-version :dkim-signature; bh=En8wxUo62ps4PCyE6AgY5gQTDx95smW4BnPITPANMU8=; fh=kA8FVBccDHmCIGofOIdYxREcWneMpclHDut611/hMxw=; b=CzSUWbq0QG+mCDOPkbhCo1UwBWqIEMxJ2rZ53l0GWaVyJIwLpQxL8kIgIF3q+gOib3 8RvApuwl7G9moyQM0yWyTz9Wjqd8oMvwasYSODhHiSBopJADeRmQybGy77XcagvpiDNS Y5bgwoLC0gUnxzYhRIIMIKSjYwNEdT1BgIdk51xZ12In6mL3wXh+KoCTMiooQnFHRVtT LmZspYxj9RlfQ1ndtOQH32mRNd0ACJDk2SlhJydnQaWNT8oF4nYP3x2JNBsy3GvKZgQP ZAY5cDlC8NqbD3+IFI99OtXMgO5XqO12bxW1F+Hqt/bEwD/Da3mgYgqQQzyuUwUSMW2v xa3w==; darn=lists.nettime.org
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1790537521; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20260327; b=UfL29buJmZt5CcH4VNjrTyQhmmLt0E4XNafaO+XzfW/dYsKy/9AdTzctNHEX6yHIBg Ax4aTaB8vpA9dow3LAHx7yfWxbwhEi4xSUxZLmhj3eq8a2KoBynaKenKB7ZuqB3l5dpj A/9zOkxOu3cDEnIF275/guzYlX0Jsa/hj8+2VpUPZ7a8fldxX1gyeTrnVfVoNdb6iDox gZhBf3oOH2PCAKsiSQavvii8x0NId1atDWrVWKqZZfG7SIQEKQZldWUNapGfuqpcWKFR Bb+XwaPs25ZVVRS5VF3Yn2hg73MJvud6RqiC3unP3CUMTmRQFFfKZB6UwhLEIFVQaWVt eADw==
- Authentication-results: nettime.org; dkim=pass (1024-bit key; unprotected) header.d=lists.nettime.org header.i=@lists.nettime.org header.a=rsa-sha256 header.s=default header.b=Uwvt4L/m; dkim=fail reason="signature verification failed" (2048-bit key; unprotected) header.d=gmail.com header.i=@gmail.com header.a=rsa-sha256 header.s=20251104 header.b=ch4va0rK; dkim-atps=neutral
- Cc: Louis Rawlins <louis.rawlins@gmail.com>
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 lists.servus.at B6B98114A19CD
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=lists.nettime.org; s=default; t=1790537538; bh=XKtol9as9qRyWMfXng+UgfeIjc821Z8wcC28EGrVVJI=; h=References:In-Reply-To:Date:To:Subject:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe: List-Archive:List-Post:List-Help:List-Subscribe:From:Reply-To:Cc: From; b=Uwvt4L/m3lUxJi3+6ZcyzfYltfrssU0fePzfxKsgcr8jprAbi4CwcJvuXHDU+B8DM CYFYVZl+SnupA9+0G/loftpHCowCUvaQ864DJYbMHOECG6r/ZZUoRRtxPFfSNwom1B +UqRZMVhYEp/1iOzYEwdmhRpO1Ef7nDwQ1Gmec4s=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20251104; t=1790537521; x=1791142321; darn=lists.nettime.org; h=content-type:to:subject:message-id:date:from:in-reply-to:references :mime-version:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to :content-type; bh=En8wxUo62ps4PCyE6AgY5gQTDx95smW4BnPITPANMU8=; b=ch4va0rKJ2gCeSw97UmwdRaypA3Y2DmDuAcU/TvMgGDetl47KpyzDVqoX1S5m77xPb 9CQOc6b4ng4smpF6UNIV6+IYHqZ+y/jyS/bztmDG3bEA7GRx+iO14YR/ZHkaEtxPPK5D +oExk3+DYrJ8YOjT+rAA+yTzDMczWhiEgPWmHR6pMPThvrhUfN4c3XJmdIXcfSFVgSAL sARd7lx510Z5CGL1nYpmSo6MBrEMRCjEttkTF1OhtCkHlxD85LXGIep4nf3LtbdKVWN8 1gWM+/geldiZu0HOexEvNbxtHSvYuTJsJnVmfKwmzSBBBTNcnuqmIlcCDXGjy7UlzuvU XXWw==
- In-reply-to: <mailman.3.1790503201.146422.nettime-l@lists.nettime.org>
- References: <mailman.3.1790503201.146422.nettime-l@lists.nettime.org>
- Reply-to: "<nettime> is a moderated mailing list for net criticism, collaborative text filtering and cultural politics of the nets" <nettime-l@lists.nettime.org>
On Sun, Sep 27, 2026 at 3:00 AM <nettime-l-request@lists.nettime.org> wrote:
[snip]
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. few notes on software and LLMs (Novica Nakov)
>
> [snip]
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2026 22:18:00 +0200
> From: Novica Nakov <nnovica@gmail.com>
> To: nettime-l@lists.nettime.org
> Subject: <nettime> few notes on software and LLMs
> Message-ID:
> <
> CAEXeAoZOeY5X7x8_N2VuSsBmG6R2t_3-RRD6bfXdD9bJuZok6g@mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> Dear Nettime,
>
> I think it is a good idea to post this here. These are two blog posts
> I wrote recently. Is anyone writing blog posts anymore? Pasted with
> the links in markdown here:
Dear nnvc,
I also think this is a good idea. Thanks for sharing.
Yesterday, I was at Pegasus Books in Berkeley and this book caught my eye:
Auditing AI (2026)
https://mitpress.mit.edu/9780262051729/auditing-ai/
It didn't strike me as particularly good, nor well-written, but I did see
the attempt to inform people that maybe we ought to consider what we are
building. I, thankfully, have kept away from edit the .md files that you
speak. I see what other people make and it often makes me cringe.
I could / can definitely what you say happening: I find myself constantly
having to retract sparse typos in my dialogues with Gemini for simple
prompts – I can only imagine how that scales for "agentic" workflows.
At Pegasus, I also ran across a zine politely named "AI MUST DIE" and it
was slightly-better written and had a clear position,
It had this fantastic image in the back page:
https://image.cnbcfm.com/api/v1/image/108156469-1749472774335-gettyimages-2218782185-MEI-USA-BH-AICEPLA-20250608-161.jpeg
I'm always down for bets on the next Friendster / MySpace – it's our
collective inheritance, after all.
Peace, Louis
-
Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2025/06/09/photos-waymo-fire-la-protests.html
[snip]
> ------------------------------
>
> End of nettime-l Digest, Vol 39, Issue 12
> *****************************************
>
--
# distributed via <nettime>: no commercial use without permission
# <nettime> is a moderated mailing list for net criticism,
# collaborative text filtering and cultural politics of the nets
# more info: https://www.nettime.org
# contact: nettime-l-owner@lists.nettime.org